Photobucket

About Me

My photo
I have been married to my wonderful husband for 9 years. We have two daughters, Elizabeth (5 yrs) and Emily (4 yrs) and one son, Charlie (7 months).
Photobucket
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 15, 2010

No longer a disbeliever...

PhotobucketI never really took the "Oh, you are having a boy? It's a whole new world." comments very seriously while I was pregnant with Charlie. After all, I am in the education field, I work with children everyday, I know the difference between boys and girls. Boys are active, they like to run, throw, play and get dirty. Girls like to color, they will sit in your lap and let you play with their hair, they will watch a full episode of Sesame Street and wash their hands after using the potty. I thought I had a few years before I had to brace myself for the "boyness" of a son. Uh, I miscalculated the timeline. Charlie is a grabber and he doesn't just grab to see what things feel like, he grabs to see what they taste like. The girls used to pick up random objects and look at them. Every once in awhile (read RARELY) did they put those objects in their mouths. Charlie will pick up a random object and doesn't even bother to glance at it before putting it in his mouth. Nothing is safe with that child. We often misjudge the length of his arms. We move objects to a safe distance and he manages to grab them anyway. Just the other night he managed to dump the last remnants of my margarita on to me and himself. His onesie smelled strongly of tequila (don't judge) and we were both fairly sticky on the ride home.
Jeff took him to his 6 month check up and he reported that C destroyed the paper on the table (honestly, who doesn't), grabbed the dr.'s stethoscope with both hands and pulled and managed to grab various other objects during his examination. He also proceeded in getting one of the band aids off his leg and into his mouth by the time they reached the elevator.
Life will never be dull with this precious boy, the fun has just begun.

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!!! Welcome to being a boy mommy!!! I love it, just wait there's much more to come!

    ReplyDelete

Elizabeth's quotes during her illness

On Tamiful:
"This medicine tastes worse than mud!" When has she tasted mud???

On her fever:
"I'll never be able to go outside with this fever." Poor baby wanted to ride her bike.

"Will I be sick forever?"

On Jeff staying up with her in the middle of the night:
"Daddy, you need to get some sleep too." He was "sleeping" in the chair in the living room while she was on the couch.

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Bundled up ready for snow fun

"Ahh, some rain hit me in the eye."

Charlie

Charlie

The Pumpkin Patch

The Pumpkin Patch

Searching for the perfect pumpkin

Accessories

Accessories



The bedding

The bedding


The border

The border

Emily the Dancing Queen

Emily the Dancing Queen

Our Soccer Star

Our Soccer Star


She is loving her first soccer season.

Followers